DBS Checks and Renewals
The League Welfare Officer, Dawn Gray, and County DBS Checker, Phil Scott, will be at Tesco’s, Shrewsbury on Saturday 9th March 2019 to undertake checks and renewals. Appointments must be made prior to the day with Dawn.
Bowling Results System
Clubs have an opportunity prior to the start of the season to register players for the coming season through the results system. This will include new players, transfers in and deletion of people no longer playing.
Annual Meeting Proposals
Severnside St Julians are proposing that the Shropshire Division 3 should be 10 a side, this is seconded by the Management Committee.
The Management Committee is proposing that:
- Any players registered for a club with a Shrewsbury League team only may also register for a different club in the Shropshire League
- From 2019 season two, not three, teams will be relegated from each division
The Management Committee is also suggesting that:
1) The Tanner Cup continue to be open to all teams in the Shropshire Divisions but that the Champagne Cup be contested as a separate 10 a side competition and only open to teams from Divisions 2 and 3. Clubs from Division 2 and 3 entering the Tanner Cup will receive a free entry into the Champagne Cup.
2) The number of League Executive meetings per year be reduced to three (March, July and November).
3) The Management Committee will appoint monitors for each division to ensure that all rules relating to player signings, registered sixes etc. are adhered to throughout the season.
4) A formal Discipline Committee will be appointed to ensure compliance with the Code of Conduct and other such matters.